Saturday, July 21, 2007

Why DSLR?

People or maybe you ask why do photographer owns a big camera and big lenses (well, not always). I do have some experiene that may answer this question.
I had a semi-DSLR camera, I mean it's not just a very simple pocket camera and not as powerful as a DSLR. This camera is bigger than a pocket camera but it has some features from a DSLR. I mean you can be more creative with this kind of camera than with a simple pocket camera.

The camera that I used to have was the Fujifilm Finepix S5600 .
It has features that allow you to make better pictures. You can manually set the Aperture, Shutter Speed, and ISO (read my previous article to understand about these terms).
It has a 5 MP sensor which is enough to print a normal size picture card. The 10x optical zoom gives you chances to shoot an object that relatively far from you.
This kind of camera is not small but relatively cheap and light to carry arround.

Now I use a DSLR camera (Canon 350D). For me, it is a big step that I change my camera from a semi-DSLR to a DSLR.
With this camera, I can capture picture faster and it produces better image quality. The lens has a complex construction but it allows the camera to find the focus fast.
The image sensor works also fast, that you can directly shot the next picture after another. With my previous camera, it is not possible. If I take pictures with high ISO, I don't have to worry if the picture quality decrease so drastically. It is because of the bigger image sensor.
It is true that I have to give up a lot more money, but it's worth having such a camera if you want to capture nice moments that may not happen again.

No comments:

Search

Google