Saturday, July 21, 2007

My First DSLR

Finally I get my first DSLR (Digital Single Lens Reflect) camera ^^ Canon EOS 350D. I chose 3 lenses: EF-S 18-55 1:3,5-5,6 II + EF 28-135 1:3,5-5,6 IS USM + EF 50 1:1,8 II. Why did I choose that camera and those lenses?

Canon 350D
I chose this camera over 400D, because I don't see so much improvement. 8 to 10 MP, 7 to 9 focus points, without to with sensor cleaning system, and small to bigger LCD display.
With 8 MP you can make a poster or even billboard, but I might not print my pictures so big.

The 7 or 9 focus points.. Sometimes it doesn't work like you want but you can use the manual focus.

For me, it is better to prevent than to clean dust on the sensor. The cleaning system is just a tool that makes you easier to handle the dust.

Bigger LCD.. It is true that you can see things better with bigger LCD, however you must not 100% believe what you see with it. It will the best, if you see the pictures with computer.
It is also not recommended that you always see your picture everytime you shoot. You will lose time and you will miss great moments, especially in big events.


Canon EF 28-135 1:3,5-5,6 IS USM

This is a great lens.. It has the Image Stabilizer (IS) and Ultrasonic Motor(USM).

The IS help me to make picture sharper, especially when I use longer focal lenght (e.g. 135mm). It is also helpful for you, if you want to take picture in low light situation.

With USM, you can take picture faster, because the USM can make the lens focus faster than Mikromotor or mikro USM. It makes also less noise.

The range is good: 28-135 mm (35 mm eq.: 45-216 mm, because the Canon 350D has a crop factor of 1,6). Losing the "wide area", I use the lens kit: EF-S 18-55 1:3,5-5,6 II.


Canon EF-S 18-55 1:3,5-5,6 II

Some people say that this lens is not recommended. But I am quite happy using this lens. Well, it has a great range: 18-55 mm (35mm eq.: 28,8-88). You will not find so much a cheap but great wide lens like this one.

It is true that the aparture is not so great, but as long as you can use this lens in rigth way, you will get great pictures with it.


Canon EF 50 1:1,8 II

This one is a must-have lens for everyone that want to learn photography. It has great aparature -1,8-. Great for every occasion. It generate a great depth of field (DoF) and also useful if you want to make picture under low light condition.

Beside those reasons, I must say that this lens is one of the cheapest lens from canon you can ever have!

No comments:

Search

Google