Sunday, July 15, 2007

My First Day of Hunting

Just like what I've explained in my story before, my photography learning started virtually in a photo-forum. I learnt mostly about the basic using technic of the camera(Shutterspeed, Aparature, ISO/ASA).
I didn't read much about lightning, motives, etc.

From my first day hunting, I learnt a bit more about photographing.

It had been two days after having the camera in my possesion, so.... The HUNTING began, I went out with my friend to take pictures. My main target was the night appearance of the Cologne famous cathedral.
My journey started at 4 o'clock, on our way to the cathedral we found a fountain, which is located close to the cathedral.

This is the picture:





(I know that this picture has poor motive and the Point of Interest is not clear, but nevermind, I just want to share my experience.)


After a few shots, I walked around looking for another object. Then I saw a lamp, below which the part of the cathedral allegedly appeared.
In my perspective that was a pretty good angle, definitive enough it was for me to take an action, in the matter of seconds I pulled out my camera and SHOT!!!:





The journey continued.. Because we wanted to shoot the cathedral at night, we exercised our feet while waiting for the night. About after 30 minutes walking, we started taking pictures again.
The object was the Cologne famous bridge:




(The Point of Interest in this picture is also not clear)

I tried to find the best angle to make this picture better but I could not afford it, so apparently this was the best I could get. I would definitely make a better shot next time.


We were at the shooting point (I think it was 21:00), looking for the best position. Thirty minutes passed and the darkness came blurring the blue sky. We finally took our chance to shoot our main object.
The lights were on enhancing the existance of the cathedral. The dark blue sky refined the unexpected moment. Who would want to miss this magnificent moment?




Capturing this incredible moment with my own camera made me emotionally thrilled.

After the hunting was over, I went home directly and shared the pictures in a forum. I received a lot of comments from the users. From the pictures above, we could examine that the Point of Interest is vague.
It was the first lesson that I learnt from my first day of hunting.


So.. Since then I actively exert myself to learning how to take simple pictures simultaneously determine clearly the Point of Interest.

No comments:

Search

Google